River of Tears

 I am going down to the river to wash my tears away. I thought you had been the hero in my life, but you let me down. You the hero turned into being the ruthless villain in my life. You stole my heart and then left after getting what you wanted. I carefully take small steps into the river, the river of tears. I wish you well, and I take another step feeling the cold current start to push against me. You seemed to miraculously disappear and not even thinking twice about what you did. I desperately wish I could do the same. I can taste the salt of my tears, wishing I could go back and change things. You come back seeing me start to drown in this river of tears. I start to drift down the river my tears entering the river. I am drifting away and down the river and you are no longer in my eyesight. I forcefully take a deep breath and fade under the frigid water. I gently hold my breath as I submerge underneath the water being tossed around like a rag doll. I instantly start to lose a sense of which way is up which way is down. I let go cautiously of my breath waiting to succumb to the cold water. I finally break the surface of the water breathing in fresh air. It's as something inside me is released. My body starts lifting out of the water I am there levitating in the air floating above the river. I don't know where to go from here but you are no longer in my sight and no longer a part of me. I am free of you now.

Comments

Popular Posts