On My Own

 I am here and ready to go. I am prepared for whatever awaits me. I have reached the bottom, and the only way to go now is up. Shedding the past and breaking the social ties and the ropes holding me down, taking a hammer smashing the shackles around my feet. I am standing in the road and ready to leave. Don’t know where I am going, but I am ready for whatever comes my way. The road is fully visible with no more cloudy skies or fog. The warm sun hits my skin making me smile. Holding on this peaceful feeling knowing I am on my own. I know I will make some mistakes, but I am ready to hit this road with full force. I get in this car and roll windows down with the wind blowing through my air. I am strong on my own and can do anything I want. I am headed to where I am meant to be in life, reaching for my ultimate destiny.

Comments

Popular Posts