The Roommate

I am unsure what to make of what just went down. I have to tell someone to at least get off my chest. Few days ago it was raining out my roommate was out studying for school. I had the TV on and just watching a show nothing out of the normal. I went to the kitchen to make myself some dinner and turned on some music for background noise like I always do when I cook. Just making some spaghetti with vegan meat sauce. I heard the door open and closed and I went to peak out in the hall to look at the front door. I saw my roommate tired and heading upstairs. I knew they would be tired, so I let them be and counited making my dinner. Once I finished and put my food in a plastic container and rinsed of the pots. I went to the living room and sat down to watch a hilarious movie. 
In the middle my watch went off notifying me that I got a text. Like always I naturally forgot my phone in the kitchen, I paused the movie and instantly went to get my phone that I left near the stove. I saw that my roommate texted me. I opened thinking that they are hungry and wanting to order something together. I was dead wrong and once I read what they sent me sent a cold chill down my back and the feeling of my stomach instantly dropped. In a short text they sent was “Hey, just to let you know I’m staying at a friend’s house tonight will be back tomorrow morning.” My mind was confused I swear I saw them walk into the house go upstairs. I went to the stairs looked up and then turned and looked suspiciously at the door it unlocked. Everything in me was telling me to call my roommate and not to go upstairs but I turned on the light over the stairs and slowly walked up. I turned around the corner and looked into my roommates room. There was a dark silhouette of a person just a bit taller than me near my roommates bed, I could not tell if it was facing me. I nervously took a deep breath and quickly went into my room and locked the door. I forcibly moved the TV stand to the left in front of the door. I quickly pulled out my phone and called the police.
Once the police showed up they searched the house and undoubtedly discovered nothing. They could not find any footsteps outside as well no visible evidence of someone coming in. I swear to you, ever since that night I see a dark silhouette in the empty corner in my room. Also as I lay in bed, I swear I hear hard breathing and that uncomfortable feeling of being watched by someone or something.

Comments

Popular Posts